|Quiz answers: 20/20 on 2010|
|Written by Christine D. Johnson|
|Wednesday, 08 December 2010 06:12 PM America/New_York|
Answers are starred below:
1. Christian bargain books pioneer SAS & Associates' assets were sold to which company?
A Thomas Nelson
B Munce Group
C Wholesale Christian Books, a division of Treasures Media*
D Christian Bargain Books Expo
2. What faith-based teen-oriented movie generated positive feedback from some secular media outlets when it was released in theaters?
A What If…
B To Save a Life*
C Letters to God
D Like Dandelion Dust
3. What group won its fourth career GRAMMY during the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards?
A Casting Crowns
B Sanctus Real
C Third Day*
4. Which Tyndale House Publishers author retired from the NFL after the 2009-2010 seasons?
A Kurt Warner *
B Tony Dungy
C Shaun Alexander
D Joe Gibbs
5. Who is the new chairman of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association?
A Michael Hyatt
B Cris Doornbos*
C Moe Girkins
D Dwight Baker
6. Who plays the character of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton in the upcoming inspirational movie Soul Surfer?
A AnnaSophia Robb*
B Jordin Sparks
C Miley Cyrus
D Miranda Cosgrove
7. Who was named Male Vocalist of the Year at the Gospel Music Association Dove Awards?
A Mark Hall
B Steven Curtis Chapman
C Brandon Heath*
D Chris Tomlin
8. Which distributor was criticized by some retailers for its selective distribution of The Blind Side—the blockbuster inspirational film starring Sandra Bullock, who won the Best Actress Oscar for the movie?
A Provident-Integrity Distribution
B Word Distribution*
C EMI CMG Distribution
D Spring Arbor Distributors
9. Where was the International Christian Retail Show held?
A Orlando, Fla.
D St. Louis*
10. Which Christian publisher was acquired by an investor group led by New York private equity firm Kohlberg & Co.?
A Baker Publishing Group
B Tyndale House Publishers
D Thomas Nelson*
11. What was the International Christian Retail Show's total attendance?
12. The VeggieTales video that parodied the Jimmy Stewart classic It's a Wonderful Life was called:
A It’s Wonderful Wizard of Ha’s Life
B It’s a Veggie Life
C It’s a Meaningful Life*
D It’s Bob & Larry's Excellent Life
13. CBA Executive Director Curtis Riskey closed his own store in what city?
A Carlsbad, Calif.
B Oshkosh, Wis.*
D Orlando, Fla.
14. Who illustrated David C. Cook's The Action Bible?
A Stan Lee
B Ron DiCianni
C Rob Suggs
D Sergio Cariello*
15. Where did the Gospel Music Association move its 42nd Annual Dove Awards for 2011?
A Orlando, Fla.
D Memphis, Tenn.
16. What is the name of the new Christian bookstore that is a joint venture between Tyndale House Publishers and South Africa-based Christian Publishing Company in Wheaton, Ill.?
A Johnsen & Taylor Bookstore*
B Tyndale & Johnsen Bookstore
C Johnsen & Tyndale Christian Bookstore
D Wheaton Christian Bookstore
17. What translation is used in HarperOne's The C.S. Lewis Bible?
A King James Version
B New Revised Standard Version*
C New International Version
D Common English Bible
18. What was the first Karen Kingsbury novel to be translated to the movie screen?
A Unlocked: A Love Story
B Take Four
C Shades of Blue
D Like Dandelion Dust*
19. Which Christian store chain did Sarah Palin visit for her latest book tour?
A LifeWay Christian Stores
B Berean Christian Stores
C Mardel Christian & Education*
D Family Christian Stores
20. When will Courageous, the widely anticipated follow-up from the makers of the hit movie Fireproof, be released in theaters?
A May 28, 2011
B Sept. 11, 2011
C Dec. 24, 2011
D Sept. 30, 2011*
How many of your answers were correct?
15-20: Well done, you see things clearly.
10-14: You're focused enough to know your way around.
5-9: Your vision is a bit fuzzy; you need some corrective help!
Less than 5: It's time to see the eye doctor!